If you have an Android TV, you can download the native NordVPN app for it. There are three ways to set up a VPN on the rest of the platforms: Setting up a VPN on your router. This way, your smart TV, Apple TV, Chromecast, Roku, or video game console will have a VPN connection from your router. A proxy server address for PS5, PS4, or PS3 is basically another network address that labors as a hub through which exchange of internet requests are processed. After connecting through one of these servers, your PS4 transmits your communication through the proxy server, giving access to geo-blocked avenues. Using a VPN to play on PlayStation 4 can improve your gaming experience by leaps and bounds. It’s only by trying a VPN and using it for gaming that you can know just how much you are missing out on. Since PS4 does not come with built-in support for VPNs, a little work goes into setting up a VPN on PS4.
When Sony Chief Executive Shulei Yoshinda spoke about the success of PlayStation 4 saying it had performed beyond their imaginations, the man wasn’t just jabbering. The gaming console has recorded sales well beyond expectations.
PlayStation 4, according to many, would have just been another in a long list of gaming consoles. No one ever saw it outselling Xbox One for example. But look at how things turned out; if you ask a random gamer which console they would pick between the two, you’d be lucky to find somebody picking the Xbox. More on our partnersite VPN XBOX.
The truth, however, is that PS4 is just so good. A head to head comparison of PS4, Xbox One, and Wii U tells the whole story. Sony’s PlayStation 4 has a better resolution, comes with a Blue-ray player, has a gaming library, boasts faster processing power, and is fun for the whole family. The Xbox One probably only has a big name because it’s developed by Microsoft which is known all around the world. It also boasts fast processing power and comes with a range of innovative features. However, it’s still second to the PS4. Wii U is probably the last on the list. Though it has a higher price/value ratio, it’s compatibility with most devices is questionable. Moreover, Wii U is only suited to kids; if you’re older than 16 you won’t enjoy the games. Considering that the PS4 costs $100 less than the Xbox One, you get why so many people are picking the former.
The PS4 is also a big hit compared to its predecessor, the PS3. When PS3 was first launched in 2006, it was priced at $499 or $599. Adjusting the rates to the current day, it would be like selling the PS3 at around $708. At $399, the PS4 is very much cheaper.
PS4 is now available in so many countries and liked by almost everyone who has an interest in PC gaming consoles.
Locked out of content?
One problem with gaming consoles, however, is access to content and ability to browse the internet without barriers. Between 2013 and 2014, frustrated PS4 players came out demanding answers on whether the gaming console was region-locked. There was public outcry on the availability of certain games in certain countries. Of particular interest was whether one could purchase a game in the US and play it in a location outside the US.
Yoshinda later clarified the matter insisting that PS4 is a region-free product. Just a moment… wasn’t the same said about PS3? Yet later, it emerged that the Persona 4 Arena (P4A) wasn’t available to several regions. The P4A was an in-demand game with a clear distinction from the rest. To the astonishment of many, the Arc System Works-developed fighter was region locked. For instance, if you purchased the North American copy of the game, you couldn’t play it in China.
Speaking to media, a Sony employee said, “We recommend purchasing games at the region of your residence to guarantee best overall user experience.”
On several gamer forums, PS4 players are still arguing on whether or not PS4 games are region locked. Some say none of their games are locked while others have complained of not being able to access certain games. And with the freshly released PS VR Headset, also VR Porn on PS4 / PSVR is a big trend and reason why users try to hide their traffic through a VPN.
The truth, however, is that the PS4 content you can access are controlled by your PSN (PlayStation Network) account. This way, if you live in North America, you can only buy from a North American store. If you live in Europe and want to access North American content, you’ll need a North American PSN account. DLC (DownLoadable Content) can only be accessed through these accounts.
We have a solution! VPN
Vpn For Playstation 4
Fortunately, you can trick your way into American PS4 DLC even from south Asia. This would particularly be beneficial if you intend to play a few PS4 games online against an opponent located in a different region. Imagine a scenario where you live in the UK and want to play against your cousin living in the US. You’ll need a way to get past the regional blocking nuisance. That’s where VPNs come in.
Ghost your gaming data
PS4 is fun and it’s this fun that has always pushed gamers into trying so many things. A common trend today is for gamers to play opponents located far across the globe either for fun or even for money! That’s the whole point of gaming consoles in today’s world.
What most gamers don’t know is that taking your game across the borders exposes the gamer to various security threats. In fact, Sony’s TOS reads in part; “Your use of the PSN and our gaming community features may be recorded and collected for us, either by us or by other users. Information collected in this manner including the…, location of activities, and your online IP and IP address may be used by us.” How they may use the data is not specified but you can rest assured that blocking people from accessing location specific content is a key reason.
Continued exposure of your gaming data can therefore only work against you. If you send messages, communicate via voice, or use the console for browsing, Sony or one of its affiliates will track, collect and keep the data. Why would you want them to keep data about your conversations?
The good news is that you can completely protect your gaming data by using a Virtual Private Network (VPN). It’s a simple process but very effective in ghosting your traffic and keeping your privacy from the wrong hands.
What is better – SmartDNS or VPN for PS3/PS4?
The question of whether to use SmartDNS or VPN products is not straightforward, because both have their advantages and disadvantages. Most important: SmartDNS only works on supported websites, so if the website / webservice / store / streaming provider you wish to use is not supported by your SmartDNS Service – VPN is the only option.
Also, SmartDNS does not come with security features, so if you are looking for added security, use VPN. Similarly, if privacy is a concern, if you do not want your ISP to see what you are doing (for example P2P file sharing) or if you want to be anonymous online, VPNs are again the best option. For everything you wanna do anonymously, like anonymous trading or writing in forums, leakin data etc. – a VPN is your friend and if you want to be really secure, use TOR over your VPN.
However, if you are planning on using the service to unblock streaming video or music like Netflix, Pandora, Hulu, HBO, BBC IPlayer or BeiN Sports SmartDNS technology is the easier & cheaper option. VPN is the more secure, more versatile but also more expensive Option.
But if you want the best of both worlds – get a subscription from PureVPN – they have a SmartDNS Service included in their VPN Plan!
How to set up a VPN
If you’ve used a VPN on any of your previous gaming consoles, installing one on the PS4 shouldn’t be a big problem.
You’ll need to buy a VPN from your favorite provider (some of the best VPNs for PS4 are listed at the end of this post).
21.5 Inch Pro Capacitive LED Backlit Multi-Touch HDMI Monitor, 16:9 Display 1920 X 1080, True Flat Seamless Design Touchscreen, Great for Office, POS, Retail, Restaurant, Bar, Gym, Warehouse (21.5') $ 281.18 $22.99 Shipping. Dell P2418HT 23.8' LCD Touchscreen Monitor - 16:9 - 6 ms GTG - 24' Class - Multi-touch Screen - 1920 x 1080 - Full HD - 16.7 Million Colors - 250 Nit - LED Backlight - HDMI - USB - VGA - 1 x HDMI In - 2 $399 99. The Planar Helium PCT2785 is a 27' Full HD resolution (1920x1080) touch screen LCD monitor with 10-point simultaneous multitouch capability, integrated USB hub and adjustable helium stand. 27” touch screen monitor with 1920 x 1080 resolution Smooth edge-to-edge glass surface 10-point simultaneous multi-touch capability. Multi-Touch Monitors Multi-Touch Monitors are the next generation of Touch. Instead of a single touch on the screen which normally represents a mouse click, the Multi-Touch Monitors are capable of 2, 4 or even 10 touch points on the screen at the same time (depending on size).
Most vendors will send you an email with configuration instructions. You’ll be asked to fill in several fields to set up a new VPN connection to the PS4 device. Rarely will you need to download any additional software.
You’ll need a crossover cable to connect the gaming console to your computer. With the two connected, just connect the VPN and off you go.
With the PS4, installing and deploying the VPN is even easier as long as you have access your Ethernet controller and router. You will be able to connect to your VPN from your Wi-Fi router and just connect the console to the router. It’s a very efficient method, unfortunately, not all routers are VPN-compatible. Find out if your router is VPN compatible before you try this method. Beyond this point, everything remains the same. Configure your router by following the instructions in the user manual and connect the VPN, then connect the console to the router.
Easy way to set up a VPN on your PS4 router
Before starting the setup process, ensure that you have a gaming router, a cross over cable, an internet connection (Wi-Fi or LAN), and your gaming PC/laptop readily available. For ease of understanding, we will take the PPTP (Point to Point Tunneling Protocol) as our instance.
- Click on the DD-WRT router icon on your computer screen. Then scroll to the services tab.
- Set the PPTP Client to “Enable.”
- You will be redirected to a log-in screen. Enter your username, Password, and Gamer ID provided by the VPN provider. If prompted to give a PPTP VPN Server IP/address, use the ones given by your VPN provider.
- Ensure to “Enable” the NAT option keeping the rest of the fields as they are.
- Scroll to the Administration Tab > Management and select “Reboot Router.” This will launch the router.
For an even smoother process, ensure to configure the VPN on a DD-WRT enabled firmware. This also increases safety and flexibility.
Configuring the PS4 VPN to your PC/Laptop
If you’re comfortable playing games and streaming content directly via your laptop or PC, you can also configure the PS4 VPN on those devices. You’ll need the laptop/pc, a crossover cable, internet connection (Wi-Fi), and a bankable PS4 VPN. It’s even better if you already have Wi-Fi or a built-in network card on your PC/laptop.
- Connect the PS4 console to your laptop/PC using the crossover cable, end to end.
- Locate your networking controls (found in the control panel on Windows desktop) and go to “Change Adapter Settings > Local Area Connection > Open Properties.”
- For Mac users, go to “Local Area Connection Settings,” double click on “Internet Protocol Version 4” and check “Use the following IP address.” Enter 255.255.255.0 in the “ID Address” field. All the other fields must be left as they are. Then click “Exit.”
- Go to your “Home Networking Connections” and from the dropdown list select “PS4” or “Local Internet Connection.” Leave the other options as they are since tampering with them might hurt your security. Once you’re done, click “Okay.”
- Run your PS4 VPN by opening the VPN connection on the computer and connecting to the PS4 console through LAN.
Advantages of using a VPN
Many times people have engaged in debates on which option is better for PS4 between VPN and SmartDNS. The two are rather similar strategies used to establish a secure connection when playing your favorite games or surfing the web on your PS4. However, everything considered, VPN connections are much safer. That said, here are the benefits of using VPN;
Secure gaming – first, using a VPN secures your use of the PS4 gaming console. With Sony’s pesky Terms of Service that give them unlimited access to gamer data, you never know what information they might hold about you. By using a VPN, you’re not only denying them access to your private data but also protecting yourself and the data.
Easily stream content from Netflix – Netflix content is automatically location restricted. Today, you cannot freely watch favorite TV series such as House of Cards if you don’t live in the US. A VPN will instantly grant you access to such services.
Access geo-blocked PS4 games – you no longer have to worry about being locked out of certain games because the games aren’t available for your PSN. The VPN allows you to bypass such restrictions with ease so you can download and enjoy whichever games you like regardless of whether they are accessible to your geographic location.
Browse the internet with confidence – the PS4 gaming console, although primarily used for gaming, is often also used to stream music and videos online. Yet, people who live outside the US have for a long time been locked out of certain content just because they aren’t residents of the US. The VPN will give you back the freedom you so much deserve.
Get maximum value out of your console – finally, the PS4 being such an expensive device shouldn’t be coming with so many restrictions. You should be allowed to enjoy the benefits of your investment to the fullest. The VPN only takes you closer to those dreams.
Disadvantages of VPN
If you connect VPN to PS4, the performance depends on the type of protocols of internet connection. Between the two protocols- TCP and UDP, TCP is slower because of its having much more overheads. If the VPN you have, uses TCP protocols then that will give a much slower performance. To access blocked content it is quite unlucky for VPN that despite having so much advantages Smart DNS is faster and gives better performance than this.
Of course several reasons are behind this- Smart DNS is speedier, more compatible, easy to install, and less expensive. Smart DNS allows streaming contents and downloading much faster than VPN configured pc. It is also comparatively more compatible with other devices than VPN and also easier to install. In case of price also the Smart DNS is cheaper than VPN. So if comparatively speaking, it is better to use Smart DNS over VPN.
Best VPNs for PS4
When you’re ready to purchase and install a VPN for your PS4 to enhance gaming experience, the next major challenge is to find the best VPN. As you would expect, there are several VPN providers claiming they have the best VPNs to meet your needs. The best thing is to evaluate your options. Choose three to five VPN services and assess their strengths and weaknesses.
There are several qualities that make a VPN suited to the job including protocol, bandwidth and speed. For instance, although TLS protocols are still available, SSL are currently the most widely used. They are very secure and solutions are completely invisible to the end user. If you’re concerned about PPTP in particular, you can always read more about them before setting up your VPN.
So, which are the best VPNs for PS4?
- Extremely fast and reliable – ExpressVPN. More in this review
- Servers in 150 Countries and a great client – HidemyAss. More in this review
- Has free SmartDNS in its VPN Plans: PureVPN. Read the review.
Now it’s time to get a VPN and start playing, streaming and surfing the web with confidence.
Best SmartDNS for PS4
The best SmartDNS Providers for your PS4 offer a wide range of channels, services and websites which they can unblock. Also, they should offer a free trial period for you, different payment options, fast servers and a good knowledge base where you find the right tutorials easily for your PS4. As you might want to use your SmartDNS on your Phone / SmartTV or Settop Box too – the service should be ready to run on as many devices as possible. All of the SmartDNS Services on our sites are great and meet these requirements. But here are the Top3.
- Unlocator offers a great support site and unblocks hundreds of channels worldwide – More in this review
- SmartDNSProxy is head to head with Unlocator with its awesome Service – More in this review
- PureVPN offers a combination of VPN and SmartDNS for a low budget – More in this review
If you want to try Smart DNS for free before you order a subscription – try FreeSmartDNS.
Setup Smart DNS on a PS3 / PS4
In case of Smart DNS Providers- Smart DNS proxies allow access to content that is geo-blocked outside USA by re-channeling the geo-related parts of your traffic through servers in USA. But make sure your ISP doesn’t block Smart DNS proxies by using DNS hijacking and transparent proxies. Otherwise Smart DNS proxies won’t work on your PS4. But if you want to use free DNS Codes online please be aware that these can be really dangerous for your whole system.
Watch your favourite American TV shows on Netflix via your PlayStation 3 or 4. All you have to do is setup your Smart DNS service by following the simple steps below.
- On your PlayStation, select the Settings Menu.
- Click on the Network option and from this, a screen will appear asking how you want to be connected to the internet.
- Select Set Up Internet Connection, then choose the type of Internet Connection you use your PS with (Wi-Fi or LAN). If you select Wi-Fi, you will have to enter your Wi-Fi details.
- Select the Custom connection option to modify the settings.
- Set your IP Address to Automatic. Select Do Not Specify for the DHCP Host Name.
- For the DNS setting, you will need to manually input the credentials.
- Enter the appropriate Primary and Secondary DNS IP addresses that were provided by your Smart DNS service during purchase.
- If it asks for the MTU Settings, set it to Automatic and Proxy server setting to Do Not Use.
- After both the DNS settings are set, click on the Test Internet Connection button to confirm your new settings.
- Remember to restart your PS gaming console for the new DNS settings to take place. You may also want to reboot your modem and router just to make sure things work out the first time.
And there you have it! Setting your Smart DNS on your PlayStation 3 or 4 is that easy! You can now access all the US-based contents you desire on your gaming console.
Take note though that your Smart DNS service is not a VPN. This mean, you only get to unblock services and not have encrypted data or secure connections. If you need more than just unblocking features, then we recommend you using a VPN service.
What is VPN?
Whenever you would want to get connected over a public network the first thing should come in your mind is VPN that is a Virtual Private Network. This privilege helps you get secure access connecting over an untrusted public network both individually and in a network connecting through group of computers especially when you are passing sensitive data.
What is PS4?
PS4 is a home video game console provided by Sony Computer Entertainment and connecting VPN to your gaming console can give you a mind blowing experience. Connecting VPN to your PS4 helps you gaming through unsafe and restricted gaming servers especially when you want to hide your true identity from hackers or other untrusted sources.
Set up a VPN on a PS4
To connect a VPN on your PS4 the steps are:
Firstly you need to configure VPN on your computer configuring your Wi-Fi router with provided instructions.
Then a crossover cable can connect your gaming console that is your PS4 to the router. But to follow this method you first need to make sure that your router is VPN compatible.
VPN re-routes all your internet traffic via a VPN server of your own choice. But you have to indirectly enable VPN on your PS4 at first. This way you can make your PS4 think it is in America. The steps are:
- Select a VPN server of your choice.
- Install VPN on a compatible router. And for this you find a compatible router first. DD-WRT is preferred.
- You router has to support PPTP VPN connections. It must be VPN client (not server) usually available as an option on WAN interface configuration.
- Please download and install the latest firmware for your router. It is recommended.
- Get the IP address of VPN server which you will connect to by going to the Member Area.
- Find the VPN server list there.
- Select the wanted server and get the IP Address.
- Fill up the fields- the server IP Address, your Unblock VPN username and password on the PPTP VPN client configuration site.
- Enable the options- MPPE 128 bit encryption, stateless mode and MS-CHAPv2 as an authentication method.
- Once you are connected the rest of the details should be set automatically by the server.
Since many routers have buggy VPN clients, please do use DD-WRT or Tomato router to unblock VPN.
When using VPN to unblock Netflix don’t worry about DNS Hijacking or Transparent Proxies. VPN doesn’t stop working for these methods. Although VPN decreases Internet Speed by 10%. That’s all.
How VPN gets useful
It might be possible that you live in a country or an area where services like Netflix is restricted or any gaming sites and facilities are restricted. At this point a privilege like VPN can be handy to help you streaming contents online from services like Netflix. And as you might know that using gaming consoles also means watching movies and streaming music, so there is risk in sharing and working with data such a way in restricted regions or restricted websites. In this regard also, a VPN gets helpful. If you own a PS4 and want to enjoy all features of it then there is no other way but VPN even though a PS4 is expensive. The speed actually depends on your internet connection.
Can PS3 / PS4 to VPN be connected through Mac?
Obviously, PS4 to VPN can also be connected through Mac as well as Windows. For this you first have to install VPN on your Mac configuring with provided instructions, then connect with PS4.
Sharing VPN between your Router and PS3 / PS4
- Your phone’s VPN can can also be used with your PS4 – but you would need an unlimited data plan for this.
- Open up the data connection to your 3G/4G cellphone provider
- Buy a Plan of one of the Providers listed above. They all have free iPhone and Android Apps available.
- Install the App and enter your username / passwort from your purchase.
- With your data connection enabled, start the VPN App of your VPN Provider and choose the country which you want to connect to / get a IP address from. (More on HowtochangeIPAddress).
- Open up a Tethering app on your iPhone or Android Phone
- Create a new Wifi network with your tethering App and assign a password
- When you started your Wifi Network, attach a power cable to your iPhone / Android Phone
- Start up your PS3 / PS4
- Go to the Wifi Settings and choose to connect to your newly created iPhone / Android Hotspot
- Use the PS4 like normal – you are securely connected with your Phones VPN.
Which Routers to use?
It is best to use Flash Routers if you want to use VPN on PS4. The bests are- DD-WRT and Tomato Firmware Routers specifically configured for Overplay VPN since OverPlay has partnered with Flash Routers to provide custom-built routers. PS4 can wirelessly connect to your router or go through the PC. The performance depends on the quality of your router, interference, distance, walls, cell and cordless phones etc.
How to watch and unblock US Netflix on PS3 / PS4 in UK?
There are two ways to watch and unblock US Netflix on PS4 in UK and these are- either using VPN or Smart DNS Provider. Get yourself a IP Address from the United States through VPN or use any SmartDNS Service listed above. Netflix and the major TV Channels are supported on all of them. Just follow the Tutorials for the Setups – youll find them in the details about the Providers.
The steps for watching and unblocking US Netflix on PS4 in UK using Smart DNS Provider are given below:
- Of course a Smart DNS Provider should be chosen first.
- The Netflix Application should not be open.
- Scroll and select ‘Settings’ and choose ‘Network’ from the main screen.
- Select ‘Custom’>’Set up Internet Connection’.
- If the question pops up-‘How do you want to connect to the network?’ then choose either ‘Use Wi-Fi’ or ‘Use a LAN Cable’ which depends on how the PS4 is usually accessing the internet.
- Select ‘IPS Addressing Settings’>’Automatic’.
- Then in the next page choose ‘DHCP Host Name’>’Do not Specify’.
- The next stage in the DNS Settings section select ‘Manual’ and write down the Primary DNS and Secondary DNS numbers and keep safely in case you need to change these later.
- Enter the DNS numbers from your Smart DNS Provider using exactly the same format.
- Select ‘Next’ after that and test the internet connection.
- Restart your PS4 and open Netflix application. Log in to the app.
- If it’s not allowed press ‘O’ button on the controller.
- Select ‘Sign Out’> ‘View Account Information or Sign Out’. Login will be possible. You can sign out now if you want to.
Nord Vpn Ps4 Setup
So these are the steps above for watching and unblocking US Netflix in UK using Smart DNS Provider on PS4.
So, i think thats all there is to explain VPN & SmartDNS on PS4. Enjoy!
Want to play PS4 games much faster? Want to keep you and your devices safe while playing PS4 games? Want to play PS4 games not available when traveling? It’s not difficult. All you need to do is just to set up a PS4 VPN.
This guide is going to introduce the benefits of using a VPN on PS4 and walk you through how to set up a VPN on your PS4. Read on to see how…
About PS4 VPN:
Why should I use a VPN on my PS4?
We recommend using a VPN(Virtual private network) on your PS4 based on the following benefits. You’ll find it worth having a PS4 VPN.
- play PS4 games securely
A VPN helps to encrypt all you data and communication through your PS4 console. In this case, hackers and the government cannot track you and your device. So you’re free to play games or stream media on your PS4.
- play PS4 games much faster
The VPN is able to switch virtual locations to connect your PS4 to gaming servers located in different countries. In this case, the connection routes would be shorten between you and gaming servers. That is to say, the ping times and overall lag will be reduced a lot so that you can play games much faster to win a better gaming experience.
- play extra PS4 games & play games not available while traveling
A VPN helps to connect your device to gaming servers located in different countries. So you’ll have access to games not released in your place or keep your access to games not available while traveling.
Sounds appealing? Wanna have a try? Follow along the next part to set up a PS4 VPN.
How do I set up a VPN on my PS4?
You can get your VPN running on your PS4 either through your router or your computer. We’ll provide details for both methods. You can just pick the way up to you.
Option 1: Set up a PS4 VPN through my router
You can set up your VPN on your Wi-Fi router, then connect your PS4 to the router.
Here’s how you can do it step by step:
1) Get a VPN-compatible Wi-Fi router.
You can set up a VPN connection on a VPN-compatible router. If you can’t find the place to set up a VPN, easily get a new one through Amazon.
2) Buy a VPN subscription.
There are many VPN services online, but keep in mind that choose a reputable one.
1. Read the provider’s terms of service as much carefully as you can.
2. Find out what its policy says about sharing the information with third-parties .
3. Importantly, please ignore any free VPN services as they might make money in other ways, like: they may show ads which absolutely disrupt your gaming experience or sell your information to marketers.
We recommend NordVPN as your best pick for its military-grade encryption. Check NordVPN coupon first to get NordVPN discount codes for ridiculously good savings.
3) Access your Wi-Fi router’s setting.
You can do this by typing your router’s IP address into a web browser. If you aren’t sure about your router’s IP address, you can
a) get it through your Windows computer:
Open a command prompt window, then type ipconfig and press Enter. Default Gateway from the result shows your router’s IP address.
b) get it through your Mac computer:
Open Network in System Preferences, you’ll see your router’s IP there.
4) Configure your Wi-Fi router’s setting.
Enter the details of your VPN subscription(IP, Subnet Mask, username and password, etc) into your router’s setting.
Usually it’s located in the tab called ‘Basic‘, ‘Network‘, or ‘WAN Setup‘. It varies from different router models.
You may access the window that looks like this one:
5) Connect your PS4 to the configured router. (Skip this step if your PS4 has been already connected to the router.)
5-1) From the PS4 home screen, go to Settings > Network > Set Up Internet Connection.
5-2) Click Use Wi-Fi. Then select Easy.
5-3) Select your Wi-Fi and enter the password and follow the on-screen instructions to finish the process.
Note: Click on Do Not Use a Proxy Server if prompted.
All set! Now you’re able to play games and stream media freely on your PS4.
Option 2: Set up a PS4 VPN through my computer
If you’re using a Windows computer, set up a PS4 VPN through these steps:
1) Plug an Ethernet cable into the back of your PS4 and into your Windows computer.
2) Enable the sharing of your internet connection between your Windows computer and PS4.
2-1) Open Control Panel > Network and Sharing Center, then select Change adapter settings.
2-2) Right-click on your VPN to select Properties. Under Sharing, make sure ‘Allow other network users to connect through this computer’s internet connection’ is selected.
3) Buy a VPN subscription and install its software to configure it on your Windows computer. You can review how to choose a VPN service through the method in Option 1.
We recommend NordVPN as your best pick. Check NordVPN coupon first to get NordVPN discount codes for ridiculously good savings. Here’s how you can use it on your computer.
3-1) Download and install NordVPN on your computer.
3-2) Click Sign up as a new user and follow the on-screen instructions to sign up and log in.
3-3) Click Quick connect to automatically connect to the server recommended for you. Or you can also connect to a server in a specific country by clicking on the country pin on the map.
You should now be able to use the VPN on your PS4.
If you’re using a Mac computer, follow along the steps below to set up a PS4 VPN:
1) Plug an Ethernet cable into the back of your PS4 and into your Mac computer.
2) Enable the sharing of your internet connection between your Mac computer and PS4.
2-1) Go to System Preferences > Sharing. Then select Internet Sharing.
2-2) Select Wi-Fi from the drop-down menu of ‘Share your connection from’ and make sure Ethernet is ticked on from the ‘To computers using’ list. Then check the box to the left of Internet Sharing.
3) Buy a VPN subscription and install its software to configure it on your Windows computer. You can review how to choose a VPN service through the method in Option 1.
We recommend NordVPNas your best pick. Here’s how you can use it on your computer.
3-1) Download and install NordVPN on your computer.
3-2) Click Sign up and follow the on-screen instructions to sign up and log in.
3-3) Click Pick a plan to start a subscription. Then you can connect to a server in a specific country by clicking on the country pin on the map.
You should now be able to use the VPN on your PS4.
Tada! You may have successfully set up a VPN on your PS4. Feel free to comment below with your own experiences or leave your any questions.
Enjoy playing PS4 games!