The Apple Mac is undoubtedly a powerful device designed to complete the most difficult tasks in a matter of seconds. One of the many great features of an Apple MacBook or laptop is its in-built support for AirPlay mirroring.
In addition to smartphones, you can also mirror a PC or laptop to an LG TV using the Screen Share App. Open the Screen Share app on your LG TV. On your PC, go to Settings Devices. Select Bluetooth and Other Devices Add Bluetooth or Other Device. Application to mirror the screen of your Mac to any LG Smart TV. No wires and no additional hardware needed! You can also stream individual video files from your Mac to your TV. Also, we included the option to watch one window on your Mac, and another window on your TV! How to connect your MacBook to your LGTV using AirPlay so you can mirror your screen. You can cast your MacBook display in a mirrored way or you can use it a.
AirPlay mirroring can be used to cast your Mac’s screen on your TV. You may need it to watch a movie, give a presentation or even play games.
Lg Smart Tv Support
- Mirror your PC screen to your LG TV. PDF Suite Pro - Free PDF Editor, PDF Creator, PDF Converter, Annotate PDF, Merge & Split PDF, Convert PDF to Images and more.
- I just got a new LG OLED 2019 tv which is on that list of compatible machines. I want to mirror my phone to follow yoga classes on IGTV (Instagram tv) on my new tv. I've signed into apple tv on the LG with my (only) Apple ID. The LG Tv and my iPhone are on the same Wi-Fi network. My phone is the iPhoneX and I’ve updated the software.
Whatever the need may be, here’s the complete step-by-step guide to set up and mirror your Mac or MacBook to TV.
Screen mirroring on Mac can be done in 3 simple and easy ways:
1. With Apple TV via Airplay
If you are a proud owner of an Apple TV, you can start screen mirroring your Mac to your TV in no time with Airplay. AirPlay is Apple’s built-in feature for mirroring or sharing your device’s screen to an Apple TV or an AirPlay-compatible TV. This is also commonly known as AirPlay mirroring.
AirPlay mirroring allows you to mirror your display on an AirPlay receiver. This feature is available on both iOS devices like the iPhone and iPad, as well as Mac computers and laptops.
To mirror your Mac to Apple TV via AirPlay follow these steps:
- Connect your Mac to the same Wi-Fi network as your Apple TV or AirPlay 2-compatible smart TV.
- On your Mac, click in the menu bar at the top of your screen. If you don’t see , go to Apple menu > System Preferences > Displays, then select “Show mirroring options in the menu bar when available.”
- Choose your Apple TV or AirPlay 2-compatible smart TV.
- If an AirPlay passcode appears on your TV screen, enter the passcode on your Mac.
- To stop mirroring click on the AirPlay icon on the top right corner and click on Turn AirPlay Off.
2. With an Airplay 2 supported TV
The above steps also hold true for any AirPlay 2-enabled TV that you may have:
- Make sure both your AirPlay 2-supported TV and Mac are switched on and connected to the same network.
- Select your TV from the top right corner of the Mac’s menu bar by clicking on
- Your Mac’s screen will then start mirroring on your smart TV.
- To turn screen mirroring off, click on again and select Turn AirPlay Off.
3. Without Apple TV via HDMI cable
You can also mirror your Mac to your TV with an HDMI cable. First, check if an HDMI cable is supported on your Mac and your TV. If it isn’t supported, you may have to purchase an AV adapter like Apple’s Digital AV Adapter as well.
You can then order both of them easily on Amazon. The HDMI cable will cost you around $15 to $25 while the Digital AV Adapter is priced at roughly $49.
So after you have all the necessary hardware ready, follow these steps:
- Connect your Mac with the HDMI cable
- If you are using a Digital AV Adapter make sure the HDMI cable is connected to the adapter
- Connect the other end of your cable into a port on your TV
- On your TV remote, press the “Source” button
- Your Mac’s screen will be mirrored on your TV
So you don’t need to have an Apple TV to mirror your Mac on your TV. Mirroring can be done without Apple TV via an HDMI cable as well.
The only downside of it is that it cannot be done wirelessly as is the case with AirPlay.
It is still a useful alternative as you may not have an Apple TV with you at all times.
When you are away from home, especially if you’re traveling, an HDMI cable is much more portable and convenient to carry around in your bag or briefcase.
Moreover, most TVs available today support an HDMI cable so you won’t usually face any compatibility issues.
That being said if you already have an Apple TV or any AirPlay 2-compatible TV, then you shouldn’t bother with an HDMI cable as you can easily mirror your Mac to the TV wireless over Wi-Fi.
Now that we do our work mostly online, our computers become a pool of data. Install specific version using laravel installer - Stack Overflow. To make a presentation in front of many people, we can cast our computers on our TV. Through this, it will be easier for us to navigate our files since we are navigating in a screen 10x larger than our computer. If you’re a Mac owner, you’re lucky. We’ve rounded up tips below on how to mirror Mac to TV.
Top 3 Ways to Mirror Mac to TV
Having an Apple TV alongside your Mac is prolly the simplest and one of the most effective ways to mirror your Mac to your TV via AirPlay. In addition to Mac, you can also mirror iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch, and a computer with iTunes 10.2 or later to your TV. To learn how to airplay Mac to TV, all you need to do is follow the steps below.
- First, connect your Mac and TV under the same network.
- Click the AirPlay icon on your Mac.
- Tap the name of your Apple TV.
- If an AirPlay passcode popped on your screen, just enter the passcode on your Mac to begin the mirroring.
If you don’t have an Apple TV, you can resort to using a third-party software to cast Mac to TV like ApowerMirror. It provides high quality in graphics and other built-in tools for you to use like video streaming. Here’s how you can use this app to screen mirror a Mac or MacBook to TV.
- Download and install the app on your Mac and TV.
- Launch the app, enter the PIN code displayed on your TV.
- Your Mac is now mirrored to your TV.
The last app compatible to stream Mac to TV is none other than the free mirroring software LetsView. Like other highly paid apps, this tool enables you to watch and view your files from your Mac to your TV. Another amazing feature about this app is its ability to support Miracast and DLNA for faster mirroring. Just follow the steps below if you want to try this app.
- Download LetsView and install it on your TV.
- Then, tap the AirPlay button on your Mac and choose LetsView with your TV’s name after it. The mirroring will then begin.
Mirror Mac To Lg Smart Tv
That’s all the ways you can use to screen mirroring Mac to TV. With these methods, it will be a lot easier for you to study your data and make a presentation since you can see them on a larger screen. Once mirrored your Mac to TV, you can also watch your movies from your Mac to your TV for entertainment.