Feb 21, 2012 For example, shutter count can be read from the.Rebel XS / 1000D / Kiss F.Rebel XSi / 450D / Kiss X2.Rebel T1i / 500D / Kiss X3.Rebel T2i / 550D / Kiss X4.Rebel T3 / 1100D / Kiss X50.Rebel T5 / 1200D / Kiss X70.Rebel T3i / 600D / Kiss X5.Rebel T4i / 650D / Kiss X6i.Rebel T5i / 700D / Kiss X7i.Rebel SL1 / 100D.
- Canon Rebel T5i Shutter Count Chart
- Canon Eos Rebel T5i Shutter Count
- Canon Rebel T5 Shutter Count
- Canon Rebel T5i Shutter Count Data
- Canon Rebel T5i Shutter Count Record
Table list of all known Canon camera shutter lifetime expectancy till to date. Including the CPU type and the release year.
- Check DLSR shutter count and EXIF info (Max file size 30M) Shutter Count info exist in most Nikon, Pantax DLSR and Canon 1D series DSLR. Nikon's NEF, Pentax's DNG and PEF, Canon's CR2 raw file format are supported. To upload a photo file, click on the button below. Drag-and-drop is supported in Firefox, Chrome, Opera, Vivaldi browser.
- Canon EOS 650D / Rebel T4i / Kiss X6i; Canon EOS 700D / Rebel T5i; Canon EOS 1100D / Rebel T3 / Kiss X50; More information after the break. ShutterCount displays the number of shutter actuations (the shutter count) of your Canon EOS digital camera. The shutter count is read directly from a USB-connected camera, and thus provides accurate.
- Canon EOS 700D / Rebel T5i / Kiss X7i. ShutterCount displays the number of shutter actuations (the shutter count) of your Canon EOS digital camera.
It is important to know your shutter count, So you can expect when your camera will began to fail you.
Please note that this shutter lifetime value is tested and expected from the Canon. How ever it is not known when your shutter will fail you. For example EOS 300D is expected to fail at 40.000 counts, but there will be some surpass the lifetime expectancy like, my friend has goes beyond 43.000 counts and the camera still works. But it is not recommended especially for the Pro, you better get a backup camera :).
|EOS Model||CPU||Shutter Life||Released|
|D30||DIGIC II||40.000||2000 Q2|
|1Ds Mk II||DIGIC II||200.000||2004 Q4|
|20D||DIGIC II||50.000||2004 Q3|
|1D Mk II||DIGIC II||200.000||2004 Q2|
|1D Mk II N||DIGIC II||200.000||2005 Q3|
|5D||DIGIC II||100.000||2005 Q3|
|350D / XT||DIGIC II||50.000||2005 Q1|
|20Da||DIGIC II||50.000||2005 Q1|
|30D||DIGIC II||100.000||2006 Q1|
|40D||DIGIC III||100.000||2007 Q3|
|1Ds Mk III||DIGIC III||300.000||2007 Q4|
|1D Mk III||DIGIC III*||300.000||2007 Q1|
|400D / XTi||DIGIC II||50.000||2007 Q1|
|450D / XSi||DIGIC III||100.000||2008 Q2|
|1000D / XS||DIGIC III||100.000||2008 Q3|
|5D Mk II||DIGIC IV||150.000||2008 Q4|
|50D||DIGIC IV||100.000||2008 Q4|
|500D / T1i||DIGIC IV||100.000||2009 Q1|
|1D Mk IV||DIGIC IV*||300.000||2009 Q4|
|7D||DIGIC IV*||150.000||2009 Q4|
|550D / T2i||DIGIC IV||100.000||2010 Q2|
|60D||DIGIC IV||100.000||2010 Q3|
|1100D / T3||DIGIC IV||100.000||2011 Q1|
|600D / T3i||DIGIC IV||100.000||2011 Q1|
|1D C||DIGIC V+*||400.000||2012 Q4|
|6D||DIGIC V+||150.000||2012 Q4|
|5D Mk III||DIGIC V+||150.000||2012 Q1|
|650D / T4i||DIGIC V||100.000||2012 Q2|
|60Da||DIGIC IV||100.000||2012 Q2|
|1D X||DIGIC V+*||400.000||2012 Q2|
|100D / SL1||DIGIC V||100.000||2013 Q2|
|700D / T5i||DIGIC V||100.000||2013 Q2|
|70D||DIGIC V+||150.000||2013 Q3|
|1200D / T5||DIGIC V||100.000||2014 Q2|
|7D Mk II||DIGIC VI*||200.000||2014 Q4|
Canon Rebel T5i Shutter Count Chart
In this article you will learn how to check shutter count on your Canon EOS 550D (also known as Canon EOS Rebel T2i in the Americas or Canon EOS Kiss X4 in Japan) using the Magic Lantern firmware hack. Fs19 manitou forklift.
What Is Shutter Count?
Digital single-lens reflex (DSLR) cameras have commonly two moving parts. The first is the main reflex mirror. This is the mirror, which allows you to look through the lens from the viewfinder and that swings up and out of the way when you take a photo. The second moving part is the mechanical shutter. The shutter is a very sensible part and is often prone to failure over the life of the camera. The shutter count is just a number that reflects the amount of shutter actuations. This number is stored somewhere in camera’s internal memory and our task in this article is to reveal this number. Canon, unfortunately, doesn’t provide an easy way to check the shutter count. That’s why we’ll use a hacked firmware known as Magic Lantern to find out the shutter count of the Canon EOS 550D camera.
Why Should You Care?
Would you buy a used car without checking how many kilometers or miles were on it? Probably not. It applies similarly to the DSLR cameras. DSLRs have an expected lifetime, which is generally counted in the amount of shutter actuations. The Canon EOS 550D / Rebel T2i camera has an expected lifetime of about 100.000 shutter actuations. Thus, when buying a used 550D/T2i it makes perfect sense to look for a camera that has the smallest shutter count. The less the better.
Canon Eos Rebel T5i Shutter Count
How to Read the Shutter Count
IMPORTANT! Be aware that you can brick you camera if something goes wrong! Do it on your own risk! Make sure that your camera battery is fully charged throughout the whole process.
Canon Rebel T5 Shutter Count
To read the shutter count of Canon EOS 550D (Rebel T2i, Kiss X4) with Magic Lantern these steps should be followed:
- Make sure that the camera is running the firmware version 1.0.9, because this is the only firmware version that Magic Lantern currently supports. If your firmware version is different, then upgrade or downgrade the camera to the version 1.0.9 using the Canon’s original firmware file “550D Canon Firmware for Testers.zip” available at the Magic Lantern’s site.
- Prepare the SD memory card by formatting it inside of the camera.
- Copy Magic Lantern’s modified firmware files for the 550D/T2i to the root directory of the memory card.
- Flash the Magic Lantern firmware to the camera.
- Press the “trash bin” button on the camera to enter the Magic Lantern menu and go to the “Debug” section. There you will find the shutter count, which is a sum of two numbers. The first number is the amount of shutter actuations in the standard mode. The second number the the amount of shutter actuation in the live view mode.
- If you don’t want to keep the Magic Lantern on your camera, then go to the camera’s menu and initiate the firmware update again. Magic Lantern will pop up again and will count down 60 seconds. Afterwards, it will remove all the boot flags from the camera. Now you can format the memory card again to get rid of the Magic Lantern files from the card completely.
Canon Rebel T5i Shutter Count Data
The following video will guide you through the whole process:
Canon Rebel T5i Shutter Count Record
Let me know in the comments section below if this method worked for you. Also, feel free to share your camera’s current shutter count and if possible the condition of the shutter. This is especially interesting with heavily used cameras, where shutter counter is above 100,000 actuations.