Many people ask how many shutter counts will last their camera. Because the camera can be used in many environments, the shutter life always depends on the usage of the camera.
If you use the camera for sports photography or wild life or timelapses where you use continous burst shots or in dirty environments like on beach where small sand dust can enter your camera when you change your lens this can lower the camera shutter life.
Whilst the screenshots in this review show results from my Canon 5D Mark IV, I also tested a 7D Mark II which worked in exactly the same way. As soon as you switch your camera on, the app will display information about your camera and shutter count in a simple tabbed display. Canon EOS 70D Shutter Life The Canon EOS 70D is a digital single-lens reflex camera by Canon publicly announced on July 2, 2013 with a suggested retail price of $1,199. As a part of the Canon EOS two-digit line, it is the successor to the EOS 60D and is the predecessor of the EOS 80D. May 13, 2015 Look through the viewfinder, focus the subject, then press the shutter button completely. You can check the self-timer operation with the self-timer lamp, beeper, and countdown display (in seconds) on the LCD monitor. Good afternoon, i have just tried to find the shutter count on my Canon 70D an i got the message: CAMERA SHUTTER COUNT Find out how many shots your Digital SLR has taken RESULTS Your camera doesn't add shutter count information to images. Click here for an alternative piece of Mac software which can read the count from your camera body. Here is a list of Canon EOS DSLR Cameras Shutter Life Expectancies. Canon EOS 70D – 100,000; Canon EOS 60D – 100,000. Just shoot and don’t count the.
Shutter Count Canon 50d
Also for cameras with live preview it seems that the shutter actually is used just like for taking photos, so that also counts to your shutter life, but when shooting in live view it seems that the shutter shock is much lower so this actually could help.
Camera Shutter Count Canon 70d Vs
Here is a list of Canon EOS DSLR Cameras Shutter Life Expectancies
- Canon EOS Digital Rebel XS / 1000D –100,000
- Canon EOS Digital Rebel T1i / 500D – 100,000
- Canon EOS Digital Rebel XSi / 450D –100,000
- Canon EOS Digital Rebel XTi / 400D – 50,000
- Canon EOS Digital Rebel XT / 350D – 50,000
- Canon EOS 80D – 100,000 (probably will go over 150k because of the mirror vibration compensation mechanism)
- Canon EOS 70D – 100,000
- Canon EOS 60D – 100,000
- Canon EOS 50D – 100,000
- Canon EOS 40D – 100,000
- Canon EOS 30D – 100,000
- Canon EOS 20D – 50,000
- Canon EOS 7D –150,000
- Canon EOS 6D – 100,000
- Canon EOS 5D Mark IV – 150,000 (probably will go over 200k because of the mirror vibration compensation mechanism)
- Canon EOS 5D Mark III – 150,000
- Canon EOS 5D Mark II –150,000
- Canon EOS 5D – 100,000
- Canon EOS 1D X – 400,000 (uses a carbon fiber shutter mechanism)
- Canon EOS 1D X Mark II – 500,000 (uses a carbon fiber shutter mechanism with vibration compensation mechanism)
- Canon EOS 1D Mark IV –300,000
- Canon EOS 1D Mark III – 300,000
- Canon EOS 1D Mark II N – 200,000
- Canon EOS 1DS Mark III – 300,000
- Canon EOS 1DS Mark II – 200,000
- Canon EOS M6 Mirrorless – 100,000 (possible to get 150k+ because of the vibration compensation mechanism)
- Canon EOS M5 Mirrorless – 100,000 (possible to get 150k+ because of the vibration compensation mechanism)
- Canon EOS M3 Mirrorless – 100,000 (probably will go over 150k because of the vibration compensation mechanism)
- Canon EOS M50 Mirrorless – 100,000 (possible to get 150k+ because of the vibration compensation mechanism)
- Canon EOS M Mirrorless – 100,000
- Canon EOS RP Mirrorless Full Frame – 100,000
- Canon EOS R Mirrorless Full Frame – 200,000 (possible to get up to 500k, because of the vibration compensation mechanism and depends how much you use the silent mode which puts the camera in electronic shutter mode).
- Canon EOS R5 Mirrorless Full Frame – 500,000
- Canon EOS R6 Mirrorless Full Frame – 300,000
Please note that these numbers are informative and your camera may die any time, just shoot and don’t count the numbers, otherwise you will end up conserving your camera and it will get old without taking photos 🙂
- Canon Nikon SonyShutter CountFree the Shutter Count Number of your Canon EOS DSLR,
Nikon, Sony cameras
An easy way to know the Shutter Count number of your Canon EOS, Nikon, Sony cameras Know exactly how many shutter actuations your cameras have
How to Know The Number of Shots a DSLR Camera Has Taken? Establish the value of a used camera. You want to purchase a used Canon Camera? check first the shutter count to establish its value
What is the Maximum Shutter Count Rating for My Camera?
Camera Shutter Count Canon 70d Manual
It vary widely by model. Obviously, canon’s professional models last much longer than entry-level model. 5D Mark II 's shutter assures trouble-free operation over its 150,000-cycle.
Camera Shutter Count Canon 70d Lens
Canon 450D (Canon EOS Rebel XSi) 's shutter life is about 50,000 actuations. But it's not an exact match, it can failed at 25.000 or continue to working great after 100.000 actuations. It's just an average.
Is my camera compatible with Free Shutter Count
Free Shutter Count works with any Canon DSLR camera, but some models might be incompatible due to firmware restrictions.
Free Shutter count is not dependant of the numbering system of your sdcard. Free Shutter count try to reveal the real shutter actuation number stored in the firmware of your camera. If you notice that Free Shutter Count is incompatible with your camera, please contact us and help us improve compatibility.
1D C, 1D X, 1D MARK III, 1D Mark IV, 7D Mark II, 7D, 5D Mark III, 5D Mark II, 6D, 70D, 60D, 50D, 40D, 700D (Rebel T5i), 650D (Rebel T4i), 600D (Rebel T3i), 550D (Rebel T2i), 500D (Rebel T1i), 450D (Rebel XSi), 100D (Rebel SL1), 1300D (Rebel T6), 1200D (Rebel T5), 1100D (Rebel T3), 1000D (Rebel XS)..
D3/D3s/D3x, D40/D40x, D4/D4s, D5, D50, D60, D70/D70s, D80, D90, D200, D300/D300s, D500, D600, D610, D700, D750, D800/D800E, D810/D850, D3000, D3100, D3200, D3300, D3400, D5000, D5100, D5200, D5300, D5500/D5600, D7000/D7100/D7200/D7500..
a9, a7r2, a72, a7s2, a7r, a7s, a7, a6500, a6300, a6000, a5100, a5000, a99II, a77II, NEX-7, NEX-6, NEX-5T, NEX-5R, NEX-5N/NEX-5, NEX-3/NEX-3N, A77M2/A77, A65, A58, A57, A550, A55, A37, A330, A290..